Sunday, March 28, 2010

our spanish speaking customers now have a blog




Being multicultural, Born in Chicago, living in Puerto Rico, and then back to Chicago, has given me insight into the wonderful melting pot of the USA!

In Morton Grove, When customers come in the store, most of them know of my Hispanic heritage, the others think I might be Indian from India or from Pakistan and are so inquisitive, the dominate nationality is really heavily focused on their own in any community. It's uncomfortable and why do we care? Some celebrate Christmas, passover, kwanza, or rhamada. I sell beads, jewelry and that's about it.

Those who really know, know I'm from Puerto Rico, and a decendant of the Taino. Native of the island of Puerto Rico.

So, not that ethnic cultures matter, I've decided to create a blog for the store in spanish, not because I am hispanic, but, since I only speak one other language, I'm trying to capture a wider customer base. Jay is only english based and therefore limited in his cultural base. Sorry, dear, but....

Keep up to date with me on my blog,
http://www.adeliasbeadcloset.blogspot.com