Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday, 1/2 done~ou



Today, Luz's son Maelo and I did the Belmont Ave location while Lucy was doing the packing at the Morton Grove Location. I took pics of the new location. It's sort of sad to be saying good by to the old. There are friends we won't see, kids who came to us because of our location and we know we won't see them again. Are they "shallow", no, life is about convience. I learned early in life living in a condo. The friends we had wouldn't visit us when we moved a few miles north. That is life, friends of convienience! Sort of like work friends, how many of you still keep in touch with friends you worked five or ten years ago.

It's scary to move, new challenges await, new friends to meet and because of location, new customers to great. Friends are the ones who follow you through thick and thin. Know your problems and respect you for who you are. We have several, Tuesday nights are a close knit group of people. Think of it as a "parade of personalities". If not for beading, these people would not ever have had the purpose to meet. Each with a different background, historical geniality and yet the age of each of us doesn't matter. We appreciate each other and respect each other. It's sort of like a family. Jay's at least, there is "no reason" why each get along, all with different mother/fathers, all from different backgrounds and yet they all know and love each other. That's what friends are. (Ny family is truely a "cabbage batch" group who were raised by great people, never saw color, religion or challenges, only respect and love for onanother. My dad called "loverian"

I don't often have the oppurtunity to contribute to the blog. (Lucy is sleeping) but I have to tell you, the Tuesday night open beading evenings is such a warm feeling of people, sharing thoughts, stories and ideas that makes me glad we started a store. Who knew that there were that many great people out there!

The funny thing is that not every night is about beading! Some talk about family, life, historical events and goals/plans for the short range and long range. We are there to laugh, encourage and learn from each other. I had no idea that you guys were serious about the herrinbone earrings! It's unique and pretty neat.

Thank you for being you. I know, i'm not sentimental, emotional and often ignore you. But I appreciate you. Thank you.

Luz had grown, once shy, still shy, but looks forward to seeing each and everyone of you, she set's the tables up by 11 am, just planning on you arriving. It's not about sales, you don't have to buy anything. It's about you!

Thank you for being you, I was going to list you. Then I thought, if I said Jean first, your feeling might be hurt because I didn't mention you first. So instead, i'll mention my buddy, my story teller, my friend who I cherish, BOB. The most patient person I know. Loving and caring, to give his time and wait paitence, for the women he loves, to wait and encourage their hobby. Thank you for being you.

So, today I worked at the new store. Maelo, lucy's kid, and I, Guess he's my stepson? Worked at finishing the new walls, painting the duct work and painting the ceiling. i needed to build a wall for the 4x8 slat walls. Just wait till you see it~~~~ We did a great job! (LOL)

Ok Jean, I know there are typos, past/present tenses and I probably have more phonetics than you would care for, Criminy, I ready it three times, but Thank you for caring enough to read this.

Jay
Shhh, Lucy is sleeping, don't tell her I posted)